Senior Character Artist (Lightspeed Studio)
Tencent in Los Angeles, CA
- Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations - Art Director
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $122,600.00 - 198,470.00 / Year*
Do you want to join an agile, dedicated team working on bringing one of PC s best IP s to mobile for the first time? Are you a master at your craft, looking to contribute to the next generation of mobile games, blurring the line between AAA and AAA mobile and delivering the experience gamers crave on the go?
We are looking for an exceptionally talented senior character modeling artist to join a growing team in the rapidly expanding Tencent America games division on an unannounced project. Interested candidates should have extensive experience working with the cutting edge in modeling software to create characters that run the stylistic gamut from realism to stylized and everything in between. This role will require a boundlessly creative mind paired with an eye for form, shape language, bold silhouettes, and PBR materials. You will contribute to creating inspiring original content for an existing IP that will delight new players and satisfy hardcore fans. You will be expected to create the highest quality assets that meet and exceed the current bar for AAA, mobile or otherwise, on a tightknit, collaborative team. If you re up for the challenge then join us for an exciting adventure.
- Creating top-quality models and textures that exceed the bar set by the IP holder
- Assist Tech Art and Engineering teams in planning and implementing a robust art pipeline
- Work closely with the Art Director and Art Lead to champion our artistic vision.
- Assist in planning and collaborate with our PM team to deliver assets on time.
- A self-starter, good communication skills and a team player. Must be able to set their ego aside and work as team to achieve our shared goals.
- A minimum of 5 years in game development as a character artist, specializing in translating high resolution sculpts into efficient in-game assets
- An unparalleled understanding of form and anatomy
- The creative ability to work from many different forms of concepts, from detailed to simple.
- Complete understanding of the next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Experience collaborating with art leadership to create a cohesive style for both organic and hard surface characters.
- An unshakable foundation in form, silhouette, shape, and structure in regards to modeling for games
- A proven understanding of UV mapping best practices .
- A history of collaborating with multiple disciplines.
- A history of problem solving and prototyping in regards to modeling for games
- Proven experience working in small agile teams where one must be asked to wear multiple hats.
- An undying passion for games on both mobile and console/PC.
- Has experience with or can travel internationally (specifically to China)
- Experience optimizing assets for a mobile platform
- Experience working with remote teams
- At least one shipped AAA title
- Has worked with outsourcing art studios
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio and/or reel with multiple examples of the required skills
- Willing to take an art test if requested to do so.
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Los Angeles, CA!